Got your grocery list for the start of the week? Highly recommend grabbing some strawberries while you’re out & about! I’ve been noshing on these things all weekend – especially good when they are in season which is NOW.⠀
Did you know that strawberries:⠀
- Are a member of the rose family? Happy National Rose Day btw! Love that both smell amazingly sweet …⠀
- Are super high in vitamin C? In fact, 1 cup provides a whopping 150% of the RDI for vitamin C.
- Are low in calories and super high in antioxidants, which helps give them strong anti-inflammatory properties?⠀
If you’re low in iron (like me), eating strawberries with a rich source of iron can help your body absorb the iron better. Some good pairings include:⠀
- Spinach & strawberry salad⠀
- Strawberries dipped in dark chocolate (no joke! 1 ounce of dark chocolate contains 3.3 mg of iron)⠀
- Strawberries & handful of pumpkin seeds⠀
What are your favorite ways to serve these little red beauties? Comment below!
Cheers and warmest wishes for good health,